Author: Mumsgather
•8/28/2006 11:33:00 AM
I was saddened to read about the demise of this blogger. I was very touched when I read this post of his entitled Make Meaning. He had cancer but he chose to view it as a gift. A gift to reach out to others and make sure others benefit from his experience. If thats not positive thinking then I don't know what is.

His blog has reminded me to look at the bigger picture in life. Sometimes we let ourselves get too easily annoyed by little, everyday things. Is it necessary to get so stressed up over small things? We should just concentrate on the big picture of just being thankful to be alive and healthy. Whenever you get upset over something next time, ask yourself, "Is this going to matter.... one month/one year from now?" If it isn't, forget it and concentrate on other more important things that matter.

May he rest in peace and may his blog continue to live on to touch the hearts of many and to benefit others just as he had wished.

Pin It
|
This entry was posted on 8/28/2006 11:33:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On 8:20 PM, August 30, 2006 , A Mature Student said...

MG, thought provoking post. Thank you. I'm sorry I did not know this blogger when he was alive. Often, we take things for granted (speaking for myself). When my godmum died suddenly from liver cancer, my sister and I said that we should more relaxed, life is too short, etc.....6 years down the line, I don't know if we are anymore different than we were before the shocking news. Thanks for reminding me of how precious life is.

 
On 1:15 AM, September 01, 2006 , Flowsnow said...

MG,
Yes I was sad too.....shocked. I even wrote about his blog in my blog. Nice new blog!

 
On 9:38 AM, September 01, 2006 , Mumsgather said...

Judy,
My mom died of cancer of the womb and my dad's sister has breast cancer so that makes me a prime candidate. Scary and a constant reminder to me of how precious life is to me.

flowsnow,
And you have a nice new profile image. :)

 
On 3:16 PM, September 19, 2009 , Abhilash said...

and what if things what is happening how would have an impact one year down the lane. Just curious coz my life is no less than hell. Still I pretend to be ok. Stress Free. But the feeling is killing me from inside.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...